The installation of the window frames is quick and easy:
- Mounting material: Flexible adhesive, butt joint compound and possibly UKDM adhesive
- Processing temperature at least + 5°
- Provide a level surface, if necessary remove protruding material.
- Loose or porous surfaces should be prepared using an etching or deep primer.
- When cutting the bags take into account approx. 2-3mm glue joint.
- Apply flexible adhesive to substrate AND window pocket with toothed spatula over the entire surface.
- Press the window surround in a slightly sliding manner and let it protrude approx. 2 mm at the reveal.
- Check profiles with spirit level and remove excess adhesive.
- Apply putty to the 2 mm of protruding window surround at the reveal.
- Apply butt joint adhesive to both sides of miters.
- Remove excess adhesive and smooth the joint with a damp brush / sponge.
- Important: Seal connection to window sills (sheet metal, stone) with UKDM adhesive.
- Fill all exterior joints (window surround to wall) with putty for corner joints and hone.
- Drying time approx. 24hrs.
After installation, the window frames are painted over with the desired facade paint or individual surface coatings can still be applied.
Individual shapes or special designs:
If you have a very special idea of the planned façade profile, we can manufacture this according to your specifications. Send us a simple sketch to firstname.lastname@example.org or use our contact form.